I completely agree with the idea behind this law, though I can't say I'd expect much for enforcement. Texting can be done well below the window line and there are plenty of other things that can similarly distract a driver besides texting. Enforcement will have a very difficult time proving that someone was indeed texting short of getting into their phone, which of course would be unconstitutional.
Instead I'd like to see better education on the dangers of being distracted by driving. It is a very serious danger and it really comes down to personally responsiblity, which I feel we should try to instill in young adults anyway.
Just a personal side note, but my sister totaled her car because it drifted while she was texting. Luckily she was alright and no one else was involved, but it definitely changed my habits immediately. I'd be very happy if others didn't have to experience that or worse to learn the lesson.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
OMG wut r u up 2? im jus drvn
One of my classmate recently posted a blog supporting a law to ban texting while driving. Though I agree with the idea, I had some additional commentary to add:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment